Social Media Marketing
- The promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media. Social Media marketing extends beyond internet marketing to include channels that do not require the use of the internet.
- Social connections may also impact the relevancy of some search results.
- Many people also perform searches on social media sites to find social media content.
- Social connections may also impact the relevancy of some search results, either within a social media network or at a ‘mainstream’ search engine.
- Many businesses don’t have time to execute their own social media strategy, so they rely on a social media agency for well-managed web marketing service.
Importance of Social Media
- Increase brand awareness
One of the main benefits of social media marketing is the easiest to recognize: Social media is an excellent way to introduce people to a brand.
- Legitimize a brand
When Internet consumers discover a business or retailer they want to use but know little about, they often check their social media page.
- Increase sales
Marketers can also use promoted content and advertisements to sell products to target audiences who haven’t become fans of a brand yet.
- Improve customer service
People want to be assured that if they have a problem, they can easily find help.
- Distribute content
Social media marketing can affect the bottom line of a business by increasing sales. All of these points and data show that social media marketing is a huge benefit for business owners.
Key Social Networking services
Different types of social media are good for different marketing activities. The key social media services are:
- Twitter– a ‘micro-blogging’ service that allows you to send and receive short messages from customers and potential customers
- blogs– internet sites that contain a series of entries or ‘posts’ about topics of interest to the author, much like an online ‘diary’
- Facebook – a social networking site that allows you to have conversations with customers, post photos, and videos, promote special offers, and more
- location-based marketing sites– websites that deliver targeted marketing messages to customers in particular locations, through mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets
- YouTube– an online video-hosting service that lets people share their videos
- online photo-sharing services – websites that allow users to store, organize and share their photo collections
- coupon sites– websites that offer discount coupons for goods, services, and events
- customer review sites – websites that feature customer reviews of goods and services.
Risks of using Social Media Marketing
Of course, marketing through social media also has its risks. These include:
- wasted time and money for little or no tangible return
- the rapid spread of the wrong kind of information about your business (e.g. incorrect information accidentally posted by you, negative reviews posted by others)
- legal problems if you don’t follow privacy legislation and the laws regarding spam, copyright, and other online issues.
Advantages of using Social Sites marketing
Social media marketing has many advantages:
- free or low-cost – many forms of social media are free for business, and paid options are usually low-cost
- easy – you don’t need high-level skills or computer equipment to participate in social media.
- ability to target particular groups – many forms of social media allow businesses to target specific groups, often in particular locations
- personal – social media allow you to communicate on a personal basis with individual customers and groups
- fast – you can quickly distribute information to many people
- broad reach – social media can reach millions of people all around the world
Disadvantages of using Social Sites marketing
- Minimizing Information-When you minimize the information you post on social media, you risk deleting crucial details that might entice job seekers.
- Security Issues – Now a day’s security agencies have access to people personal accounts.
- Contacting Candidates- Some job seekers unnecessary information to potential employers and end up tightening privacy settings.
- Local Businesses and Distant Fans- when customers and clients are not around businesses and accurately provide data through using the service.
- Increasing Visibility- Employers have to do more to catch the attention of Internet users who are focused on chatting with friends and family.
- Social media can affect a person self-esteem negatively if a person becomes too reliant on the content they get from it.
- People need to limit their time on social networking sites.
- Strong effects social media can have on our feelings and realize that social media isn’t everything.