When someone decides whether to follow you on Twitter, there’s always a moment’s glance at your follower count. Like most measures of popularity, a high number of Twitter followers tells people that you’re likable, influential and noteworthy.
What I am going to do is give you some solid tips for attracting one-way follows i.e. getting people to follow you without following them back.
Guest post on prominent blogs
- I know this sounds like bull, but it really isn’t. The last 20 people I’ve followed have all been authors I’ve come across recently.
- This is a slow and steady approach, but it can yield great results for many years into the future. Here are a few things to keep in mind though.
- Most publications will want to see examples of your writing before accepting your submissions.
- Use these articles when approaching editors and site owners.
- Make sure you link your twitter profile in your author bio.
Tweets, chats, and events
- Twitter chats are a great way to do this or tweeting interesting snippets from an event. Just tweeting AT people is spam and doesn’t add any value to their feed. This will get you blocked.
- These days you may not be the only one tweeting from the event, but others may follow you to keep up with what’s happening.
Tips for Hosting a Super Successful Tweet Chat
- Find Smaller Themes
- Promote Your Event
- Don’t Feed the Trolls
- Invite People Personally
A Few Additional Twitter Strategies To Use To Get Real Twitter Followers Fast.
The business, the musician, the actor, or the television series that has the most fans or the most real followers win. So below are a few additional strategies to use to get real Twitter followers fast.
You will also get the opportunity to connect with other users and form deep connections that will be beneficial to you in a huge way.
- Use Blogs To Promote Your Twitter Account When writing your own blog, embed your live Twitter feed to your blog’s website and make sure there is a Twitter follow button on your site.
- Reply to Tweets Publicly Replying to a Tweet with a private direct message is extremely easy and can do wonders for growing your Twitter following.